Thursday, January 8, 2009

Baby House - Second Bonding Session

Today was our second bonding session with Ben, and what a great time we had. They keep him in many outfits at once. Under his once piece outfit he had on footed sweat paints and two other shirts. We quickly took off the extra pants and he started to crawl. He can get up on all fours and rock back and forth and go forward a bit. He wants to crawl so badly.

We have learned that he is ticklish on his ribs and loves to smile. I kept trying to get him to say mama, but no all he wanted to say was dadada. Mike was thrilled.

We have offically told our coordinator that we would like to adopt him. We have to take pictures everyday and start a short journal of our experience to prepare for court.

I have uploaded pictures of life in Kazakstan and by popular demand more pictures of Ben to enjoy. The people in Kazakhstan are very nice and we seem to be getting along ok without speaking Russian. Thank goodness for picture menus!

7 comments:

Shana said...

I am so excited for you! I would have loved to have seen Mike's face as he said dadada :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so very happy for you Amanda, he is just beautiful!
--Amanda

Anonymous said...

Okay Amanda, Whitney wants your child!!!! She said "Oh, can I have him?"!!! I think we all are already in love. I had your Mom tell Nolan that I think he is going to be the best big brother ever. He came and told your Mom a joke last night and it cracked me up. He got so tickled. I cannot wait to meet Ben in person. He is just adorable and you are going to be so very busy with a little one crawling. Hugs to both of you.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't imagine bonding with this precious child and not being sure that he's the one for you. I am very happy for you in your decision to adopt him. I know I'm falling in love with Ben by just looking at the pictures! I am sure Mike was thrilled with the "dadda" talk...now he can have both boys taunt you.

Anonymous said...

One look into those bright eyes, and I'm smitten!!! What a beautiful child!!! Those pictures are GREAT...thank goodness for technology so that you can share this experience with us all. --Gloria

Suzy said...

I am so happy for you! Love the pictures

Sara said...

How wonderful! I'm so happy for you guys. Ben is absolutely adorable...I want to smooch those gorgeous cheeks!