The baby house is closed on weekends, and today was our frist chance to go to the baby house. We first did some paperwork at the deparment of eduction, once that was done we headed over to the baby house. Let me tell you, giving birth (even via c-section) is much easier than standing in a room waiting. Waiting to be seen by the baby house director and then another woman turning around holding a child, your new child. Then the doctor coming into the room ready to tell you about the child's medical history and lack there of. Everyone in the room is speaking Russian , but us, with the help of our translator we were told information about the child.
No, we do not have pictures of him yet. We only got to see him for about 20-30 minutes. It was lunch time for him and he was hungery.
What I can tell you is he is 9 months old, brown eyes, light brown to blonde hair and big chubby cheeks! He took right to us and he even smiled several times. He did evenutally say nananana, but not much else. The doctor said he is sitting up , rolls over , plays with other child and is a quite happy baby. Mike says he has a good grip. Oh, he is starting to cut his first tooth. Wednesday is Christmas here, so we will get to be with him on his first Christmas, which we are super excited about. I know everyone would like to see pictures, but we do not have any yet.
We have the medical information from the time he was brought to the baby house, but nothing before that time. He was found abonded in a home. He came to the baby house when he was a month old.
The baby house director said that Ben looked like Mike. Mike swears he has not been to Kazakhstan......
We will be going to the baby house Monday- Friday for two hours a day, tomorrow will be our first offical visit. We plan to take some pictures tomorrrow and will post as soon as we can.
The time difference here is 11 hours ahead of the US East coast.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I am sitting here with tears in my eyes and a huge smile on my face!! Enjoy your visits with Ben this week. Have a wonderful first Christmas together!!
I cannot imagine the feelings going through you and Mike. I was sitting here with tears in my eyes...I did not realize I was going to get so emotional!! I was telling Whitney last night how cool it was that you got to spend Christmas with Nolan and now with Ben. She started laughing and said that was so neat. Take care & I'll check in later. I can't wait to see pictures.
We are so thrilled to learn of your new son...our new great grandson! A hard time reading your blog.... too many tears. Our hearts are so full of joy for you!! Anxiously awaiting a picture, but we already know from your description that he's a delight. We love you both. K.GG'ma
I had tears in my eyes as I read your blog to the family. I am so excited to see pictures! He is only 2 months older than Briley!! That is going to be so much fun.
Oh my goodness! I had tears as I read about your journey so far and meeting Ben. I am so happy for you guys! I am thankful you are there safe and sound and everything seems to be going according to the plan. Finally we all know how old he is! Thank you for taking time to update the blog when you can. We were anxiously awaiting the news! Yippee!
Amanda and Mike - I also teared up reading about your new son. All the best wishes to your family. How is Nolan?
What a wonderful first Christmas Ben will have. I'm so happy for you and too am shedding tears of joy.
Jill
I so enjoyed "meeting" Ben with you; you made me feel like I was there. Congratulations to all of you. This is wonderful
Nancy
What a wonderful happy day! You've been waiting so long! Thank you for sharing your experience. Can't wait to see a pic of Ben!!
-Alex
Oh girl, what a day! Such an appropriate time of year for all of this too.... Definitely a Little angel looking over your shoulders! I'm so overjoyed for you! And I can't wait until your new boy is home with you!
That is so amazing!!!! I can't wait to hear all about him.
I am so glad everything is going well, and count me in with the legion of people who cannot wait to see pictures. Keep updating!
Mary
It must have been a wonderful moment to finally meet Ben! You brought tears to my eyes.
HAPPY DANCE!!! Thank you for sharing your experience...as we are all waiting on pins and needles to hear how you are both doing and the wonderful (albeit nervewracking) journey you are on. God Bless!! xoxo --Gloria
Post a Comment