We went the mountains today, which are very similar to the mountain in Utah and Colorado. They were snow capped and amzaing. We saw the ice rink were hockey and ice skating competitions took place in Soviet times. Then we went to independence statue, just amazing. Then we went to the history meusum (only $1 to get in), we saw the bottom two floors and tomorrow we will see the top two floors.
For lunch we did find an american resturant with an english menu. I ordered chicken fingers ( not cooked in the American way) with fries. The food came out and some dipping sauses came as well. There was a red one that we thought was similar to BBQ, so Mike asked for his favorite Katcup and it was the stuff we thought was BBQ sause. Opps. Live and Learn.
The cowboy resturant from last night was great. Mike had steak and I had chicken the portions were huge. I ordered a side of "baked potato covered in cheese". What I got was a layer of potato, pickles and then melted cheese. Where did the pickle come from, not that great.
Tomorrow afternoon we go the US Embassy, then ate and hang out for a while and then head back to the airport. Our flight leaves Tuesday at 4AM (Kazakhstan time). This will most likley be my last post until we get back in the states.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment