Monday, January 12, 2009

Another Great Day with Ben

We had another great session with Ben today. We have discovered that he really LOVES animal cookies. We break them into crumbs and he licks them off my finger. He usually comes to us with 3 to 4 shirts and at least 3 pairs of pants; we quickly take all the excessive clothing off and let him have feet without socks. I think this maybe the first time he has ever been without socks and he loves it. In each of our sessions with him, he loves to say dadadadada, all the time. I was hoping that maybe one of my boys would say mama first, but nope.

Let me also say that I am sorry for any typos or misused words in this blog. We get very little sleep here. We have all the time in the world to sleep, but cannot. There is a cat that meow’s all night, and then there is cujo (we named him) that lives downstairs that barks. Then the bed we have is a full size and is only a mattress, they do not have box springs here. The bed is lumpy and very worn out. Usually one of us sleeps in the bed and the other on the couch. The couch is like sleep on a layer of bricks. This is the reason we get NO sleep. We both really miss our bed. Yes, we know we are very spoiled American’s and we are really ok with that and miss home terribly. At this point I would feel comfortable being on the show survivor , I could do it.

Dear Shana, We sincerely apologize for ever saying you were a bad driver! Our coordinator has been driving us and we both have gotten car sick in the short 15 minute drive. This does not mean we are willing to ride with you again, just saying you are not the worst driver.

We know everyone wants more pictures of Ben and we will be posting them tomorrow evening Kazakhstan time/ Tuesday morning U.S time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure do feel for you not being able to sleep. It sounds like you guys are having so much fun playing with Ben. We miss you and look forward everyday to new updates and pictures.

Shana said...

Hey now I drive great!! :) I am so excited reading your messages I read them to Kevin or when the kids are up to them and we get lots of smiles out of them. I cannot wait until the 2 of you get back but I think I will wait a couple days after that to call so you can get some sleep! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Poor Shana (not that I'm willing to ride with her either ;) )!

We love hearing about Ben! And can't wait to see more pictures!