I did not give birth to you in a physicial way, I gave birth to you in my heart! Bringing Ben into our family was a journey we had no clue about when we started last February. When we start Ben was not even born yet, but we knew our new son needed us and there would be a perfect child for us in Kazakhstan.
We (really meaning me) worked through the mounds of paperwork and many trips to Fedex. Then in early December 2008 we got "the call" , the call that told us to get our plane tickets and start packing. We packed our bags and headed for Kazakhstan, a trip that took us two and a half days to complete.
On Monday Jan 5, 2009, our coordinators picked us up at the apartment and drove to the baby house. I have never been so nervous! When we got to the baby house we walked into the baby house directors office , there was a women standing with her back to us holding a baby. We sat down , she turned around and handed us Ben. I think we were both in shock , I did not expect to see him right when we entered the office. We remained calm waiting for the baby house doctor to enter and tell us all about Ben (or as they called him Kairat). We only saw him for about 20 minutes, but we knew we wanted to see him again.
We would call home and talk to our pediciatrican about what we were told , he was able to put our minds and hearts at ease. We very quickly feel in love.
We had to leave Ben in Kazakhstan , but on March 7th we welcomed him home. Now we can not image our lives without you.
Happy Birthday Benjamin!
There are pictures of Ben's birthday party at www.kodakgallery.com/littlefamily
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment